Bridgwater Heritage Group

Eastover
Bridgwater Archives Bridgwater Scientists Lost Bridgwater Friarn Research


Old Eastover

K50
K50
© Blake Museum 2012 Looking east down Eastover ca. 1865 probably by Robert Gillo
K52
K52
© Blake Museum 2012 York House, Eastover by bridge ca. 1865 probably by Robert Gillo at 32 Friarn Street
1967:7:2 Eastover postcard(2)
1967:7:2 Eastover postcard(2)
Looking east along Eastover. YMCA shops on right, followed by building with curved oriel windows IMGPOO16. The pawnbroker's is IMGP0015. On the left, Waddon & Co is National Missing Persons Society;, Ship Aground demolished for Oxfam shop, building beyond is IMGP0023.
PHO. 1294 Eastover Looking East
PHO. 1294 Eastover Looking East
View looking east along Eastover in the 1950s
PHO. 1301 JM Stone
PHO. 1301 JM Stone
These three properties are still standing on the north side of Eastover
1972:31:B Eastover 1972
1972:31:B Eastover 1972
Eastover looking east probably early 1960s.
YMCA(3)
YMCA(3)
Looking east along Eastover and south along Salmon Parade
one
one
© Dr P E Cattermole collection 2012 Eastover looking west Valentine's n.d. probably ca. 1910
two
two
© Dr P E Cattermole collection 2012 Eastover looking east Ventine's n.d. probably 1930s.
three
three
© Dr P E Cattermole collection 2012 Eastover looking west Valentine's n.d. probably 1950s
GP567
GP567
©Blake Museum 2011 Property on the right now demolished for Sainsbury's and on left front for access to Aldi. White Hart Hotel beyond on left. Sewer works 1960.
2006:222:52 Mills Shop at Eastover junction with Church Street demolished1972
2006:222:52 Mills Shop at Eastover junction with Church Street demolished1972
© Blake Museum 2011 Premises demolished for Sainsbury's
1997:83:1a Bridgwater Motor Company1960's
1997:83:1a Bridgwater Motor Company1960's
© Blake Museum 2011 The two duildings on the right have been demolished, with the White Hart Hotel still standing in the foreground. The Co-Operative building still stands, the Fish Bar next is demolished but the farthest building still stands.
PHO. 1260 Phelps(2)
PHO. 1260 Phelps(2)
View up Eastover towards the Town Bridge ca. 1865 probably by Robert Gillo. Phelp's Hotel is now Cobblestones. The buildings on the left were demolished for The Broadway in 1956

All Content © Bridgwater Heritage Group, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, do not reproduce material without permission.

Comments on the site? Queries on Bridgwater history or heritage? Contributions to the site?
Contact us here.