Bridgwater Heritage Group

Lost Bridgwater
Bridgwater Archives Bridgwater Scientists Bridgwater Heritage Friarn Research


Bridgwater North Station
The Clink


Bridgwater North Station was the final stop on the 'Bridgwater Railway' section of the Somerset and Dorset Railway. It was opened in July 1890. Behind the main station building was one large canopy over an island, serving two platforms. The station was closed in 1952, although the line remained open until 1967 for goods only. The site is now occupied by J. Sainsbury's Supermarket.


The Station building, taken from the west, with the station master's house in the distance.


The Station building, taken from the east.





2019. All Content © Bridgwater Heritage Group, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved, do not reproduce material without permission.

Comments on the site? Queries on Bridgwater history or heritage? Contributions to the site?
Contact us here.